The parish of Sacred Heart Church of Frazee, Becker County, Minnesota was incorporated in 1892. After outgrowing two rugged church structures, a building was begun in the newly platted Neuner addition of Frazee in 1897. Diocesan priests served the parish until 1900, when the Benedictine Fathers from St. John’s Abbey assumed charge of the parish and supplied priests until 1917. This rotation of priests from the diocese and from the Benedictines continues to the present day. In 1907, a lot was purchased for another new church and rectory on the highest point in town, and the first ground for the current structure and rectory was turned on June 14, 1907. The building in the Neuner addition was sold to Bethlehem Lutheran congregation who used it for nearly 50 years. The cornerstone of the current 12th Century Gothic structure was laid on May 10, 1908. By 1909, the structure was completed, but unfurnished and unfinished on the interior. Over the years the finishing and furnishing work continued and the building debt was whittled down. The church was renovated in 1940 and again in 1988. The latest renovation/addition was completed in 2012 and dedicated on September 23, 2012 by Bishop Michael Hoeppner, Diocese of Crookston. In addition to maintaining the church building itself, the parish throughout its existence has maintained a cemetery and replaced the original rectory with the current one built in 2007.